2020 Week #04
Jan 25th, 2020 by weeklynewsupdate
This is your weekly news update for January 19th to January 25th 2020. There are 2 headline summaries & 11 headlines covered this week.
Summary #1: The Wuhan Coronavirus has infected nearly 1,300 people - mainly in China, leaving 41 dead.
- Interactive Graph from The New York Times
- NPR - Wuhan Coronavirus 101: What We Do — And Don't — Know About A Newly Identified Disease.
- WSJ - What We Know About the Wuhan Coronavirus.
- Reuters - Factbox: The latest on the coronavirus spreading in China and beyond.
- Reuters - China heads into Lunar New Year on shutdown as virus spreads to Europe.
- NYT - What Is the Coronavirus? Symptoms, Treatment and Risks.
- NYT - Coronavirus Live Updates.
- CDC - 2019-2020 U.S. Flu Season: Preliminary Burden Estimates
- Business Insider - Wuhan, China, is scrambling to build a hospital in just 6 days to treat coronavirus patients as its health system gets overwhelmed.
Summary #2: Multiple headlines covering the impeachment trial of President Trump in the Senate. In chronological order.
- From Reuters - Senate approves Trump impeachment trial plan, rejects Democrats on documents, witnesses.
- From NPR - Impeachment Trial Recap: Senators Implored To Consider Magnitude Of The Moment.
- From The New York Times - Democrats Seek to Pre-empt Trump’s Defense in Impeachment Trial.
- From Reuters - Democrats in impeachment trial say Trump abused his power for political gain.
- From NPR - Democrats Finish Final Day Of Arguments Before Trump Team's Turn.
- From The New York Times - Branding Trump a Danger, Democrats Cap the Case for His Removal.
- From Reuters - Trump impeachment: What happens next?
- And from NPR - How The Senate Impeachment Trial Works.
Other notable headlines of the week are:
- From NPR, The New York Times, & The Wall Street Journal - Trump Administration Threatens California Abortion-Coverage Mandate.
- From The New York Times & The Wall Street Journal - Trump Moves to Block Visas for Pregnant Women on ‘Birth Tourism’.
- From The AP & The New York Times - Lev Parnas gives House Intelligence Committee tape of Trump calling for ambassador's ouster.
- From The Wall Street Journal - U.S. Moves to Let Airlines Ban Emotional-Support Animals.
- From The Wall Street Journal - Boeing Pushes Back Expected MAX Return.
- From The New York Times - E.P.A. Is Letting Cities Dump More Raw Sewage Into Rivers for Years to Come.
- From Reuters - U.S. drinking water widely contaminated with 'forever chemicals': environment watchdog.
- From The Wall Street Journal - Alphabet Becomes Fourth U.S. Company to Reach 1 Trillion Market Value.
- From The Wall Street Journal - Tesla Tops Volkswagen to Become Second-Most-Valuable Auto Maker.
- From The Wall Street Journal - FICO scores will soon start scoring consumers with rising debt levels and those who fall behind on loan payments more harshly.
- From The Wall Street Journal - Bezos’ Phone Was Likely Hacked by Chat Account Linked to Saudi Prince, Audit Finds.
This has been your weekly news update for January 19th to January 25th 2020. Links to all the sources for each news summary are in the show notes & at our website: https://www.wnu.news. Please subscribe, share this podcast with your friends, & review us on iTunes & Google. Thank you for listening.